The following gives you an outline of some of the features which are envisaged, post Wallaroo 0.7.
- Add an option to use a non-intrusive mechanism at least for the creation mechanism.
- Check of the associations cardinality / optional associations [done in v. 0.3]
- Loading the classes from a dynamic loaded library (.dll or .so) [done in v. 0.4]
- (Optionally) using C++11 in the API [done in v. 0.2]
- Add the choice whether to use shared_ptr or weak_ptr for wallaroo::Collaboration
- The xml wiring file is too verbose. Add a new more hermetic [custom] format
- XML and JSON without BOOST libraries
- Improve or change the device/plug metaphor. [done in v. 0.7]
- Remove the boost dependencies for C++0x compilers (i.e.: don't rely on boost for XML and JSON parsing)?
- Separate the creation mechanism from the Catalog class?
- Consider to pass the constructor parameters in another way. Maybe with a generic set property method or with a properties bag passed in the ctor. [done in v. 0.6]
- I definitely don't like MultiplePlug. Above all, I don't like MultiplePlug deriving from std::list. [solved in v. 0.2]
- Improve (or change) the syntax of the xml loading file. [done in v. 0.3]
Documentation and Samples
- More documentation: tutorial page and API documentation.
- More exhaustive samples [done in v. 0.3]