Since version 0.7, wallaroo changed its syntax.
The two classes Device and Plug have been renamed Part and Collaborator, respectively.
Release 0.7 is backward compatible with the old (deprecated) syntax, but you're encouraged to move to the new one, because in the next releases the old syntax will be removed.
Why we changed the syntax?
- the metaphor Device and Plug was considered odd by someone
- Part is the best fit for a thing contained in a Catalog
- Collaborator is the historical word for dependencies
- the new syntax is more understandable
You must change your files according to the following rules:
- replace all the occurrences of Device with Part in the source code
- replace all the occurrences of Plug with Collaborator in the source code
- replace the tag devices with parts in the XML configuration files
- replace the tag device with part in the XML configuration files
- replace the tag plug with collaborator in the XML configuration files
- replace the key devices with parts in the JSON configuration files
- replace the key plug with collaborator in the JSON configuration files
// old code // class Triangle : public wallaroo::Device // new code class Triangle : public wallaroo::Part
// old code // Plug< int > x; // new code Collaborator< int > x;
Wallaroo v. 0.7 accepts also the old syntax, by default. However, if you define the symbol WALLAROO_REMOVE_DEPRECATED when compiling, you will disable the old syntax support. In this way, you can check if your code is fully compatible with the new syntax and ready to move to the next (future) release, in which by default the old syntax will not be supported.